Pages

7/23/11

Double header

Carter and I went for a ride this morning. Two rides actually. On what could very well be the hottest day of the.... well, ever. My new wheels worked just  like wheels should. The bike is definitely a little lighter, and my lungs are a lot better conditioned since I started riding to work, so I felt pretty good on the trails today.  We did over 10 miles total, and I was super tired by the end. 

The first ride was at Quarter Park which was about a 6 mile loop. It was only about 90 degrees when we started that around 9:30 in the morning. After a short break we drove down the road to Freedom Park and did another 4+ miles. It just kept getting hotter as the day went on and I'm glad we were done around 1pm. I think I'm ready for a good nap now. Hopefully it'll rain tonight or sometime soon and dump this humidity and bring the temperature down. 



No comments: