Pages

4/26/11

Easter weekend

My mom flew in from CO late Friday night. My dad had come up earlier in the evening for dinner and then we went to the airport at midnight to pick her up. So Saturday, we hung out for a bit and went downtown Richmond to see where my new place is and get some lunch. There was a convenient parking spot right in front of Bonvenu so we ate there. It was actually pretty good. My dad had the Monte Cristo which smelled delicious with the french toast.

We then headed down to Hampton to my dad's place. Went clothes shopping for Easter holiday deals and I got a bunch of new shirts and a couple shorts for the warming weather. That was sweet. Had dinner at an oyster place that claimed they had a "full bar" but weren't sure how to make a wet martini or have the ingredients for a Mojito. Whatever. The oysters were really good though.

Church Sunday morning was followed by breakfast provided by the church and members who brought in a huge variety of great food. This was soon topped off with lunch at my Uncle's house. Local bar-b-que and other southern goodness. My parents ran off to VA beach for the rest of Sunday and Monday, and sent me pictures from their beach front balcony.

Hope everyone had a good Easter holiday!

No comments: