Pages

7/2/12

Concert, sushi, and brownies

The storms this weekend were a little much. Thankfully I didn't lose power like some other 3 million people did. There were times I thought it'd go out for sure, but I got lucky this time. Karen and I went to Sushi-O Saturday night and had some really good sushi and sake. We were thinking about going to see a band play after, but the storm rolled in and we decided to call it a night.

Brandi Carlile
Friday night, on one the hottest nights of the year so far, we went to an outdoor concert. The music was excellent and it is an awesome venue, and the freezer packs felt great. Right on the skin, down the shirt, up the shorts; the freezer packs probably felt violated, but it was the only way the heat was tolerable. That and portable fans.

Sunday morning I went on a ride, and put away 3 liters of water in about 2 hrs. I probably sweat out 4. There was quite a bit of damage from the storms on the trails. Took us a little longer to ride it due to breaks from the heat and walking over downed trees. I made some gluten free brownies in my new ceramic pan, which worked out really well. Did some school work so I can enjoy a mini vacation this coming weekend after the 4th. Looking forward to Asheville, NC! It's gonna be a yurt thing.

g-free brownies

Trails torn up

Fires in CO are at least improving. My parents are good to go thankfully. It was about 2 miles away from them and now it's more contained and farther from populated areas. There's also a fire right here in VA burning up one of my favorite mountains, Old Rag. Over 1000 acres have burned already. Hopefully those will be be completely contained soon.

Look for the agave post tomorrow.




No comments: