Pages

7/23/12

Backlog of weekends

Class has ended. No more quizzes, no more reading 2 chapters a day, no more projects. For now. It's my summer vacation, and while the classes were interesting and I think I learned a lot, I'm not missing the time crunch it placed on my life. The summer classes being 4.5 weeks long were very fast paced. We went to the Richmond funny bone comedy club as a celebratory outing which was lots of fun. Saturday was errands as it was misty drizzly most of the day, and then I finally got to hang out with Lamar and family for dinner and see their new place. Very fun.


Yesterday I went on a long mtn bike ride with Carter, and some random guy.  The ride itself was awesome. The random guy, what an experience.... we'll just leave it at that and if you want to know more, I'll tell you in person. ~22 miles, 4:45 hrs (including breaks) later, my legs were destroyed and my butt was angry. My rear tire flatted. Didn't bring enough food. Slow going up a lot of the time. Beautiful weather. Incredible views and the ride down... ooooh the ride down. Roughly an hour of speed induced adrenaline goosebumps, tearing through the woods, forearms get tired from squeezing the breaks so hard, awesomeness! And at the end, a lake to take a dip in, wash and cool off. Excellent! Then it was off to a friends house for a barbque. Although, I got there "late" I was just in time for the food, so that worked out well since I hadn't eaten much other than some bars on the ride. Who was hungry? Yeah. 












July 5th-8th, Karen and I went to Asheville, NC. What a great little town. Great food, great hiking, and we missed out on the 104 degree weather in Richmond. Score! We stayed in a Yurt for 2 nights and that was awesome! Simple, quite, relaxing. I'd highly recommend it. Did some hiking which was fun too. Here's a few pictures, and hopefully I'll add more shortly, now that classes are done and I have more time to putz around on the computer doing what I want to do. Oh, and I found a squirrel nest in my engine. Thanks a lot jerks!

Got some disc golf in last weekend before the overly oppressive heat set in. Lots of trees were down from the past couple storms. Planned on riding but got rained out with another afternoon thunderstorm. Made some green salsa from the tomatillos in my Farm Table box, and played around with Maddog. I think that about covers the last few weeks. Here's a few more pics. 











No comments: