Pages

5/22/12

River Rock festival

Slacklining, bouldering, dog distance jumping and bike park stunts were the main attractions. At least for me. I met Karen down on Brown's Island and along with her mom and some friends we watched as lots of outdoor lovers participated in all kind of events. We stayed through the end on Sat. night watching Galatic, which is a band that does some good New Orleans style music.

Earlier in the day Karen and I went biking. We drove out to the Ashland area to a place called Poorfarm park where I went mountain biking and she went road riding. It was nice to be able to head out there together. I hadn't ridden those trails, and she enjoys riding the roads out there as they are less heavily trafficked and the land is nice out there.

Friday I spent most of the day studying and then we had a make up softball game from last weeks rain out. The game was decent. The ump was the worst ever. Total grumpy jerk. Rushing everyone, being rude. Took some of the fun out of it. But I hit a home run and made a sweet catch in the outfield. Then we went out after for some food and drinks and ump bashing. Good times.

Thursday I saw the bike film, Strength in Numbers with a few people and it was sweet!

Sunday involved more studying, taking quizzes and then "Funday" evening activities including drinking painkillers, eating avocado deviled eggs with super good salad and shrimp and other goodies with friends. Great weekend; minus the quizzing and feeling rushed and quite stressed.

This week is more stress with textbook reading and quizzing and doing it all ahead of time so I can enjoy the long weekend at the New River Gorge for Chad's 30th birthday! Looking forward to it. No pics of this weekend, but be sure there will be some of next weekend.

No comments: