Pages

5/8/12

Birthday party

I flew out on Friday to Denver and drove down to Colorado Springs to surprise my Dad for his 60th birthday.


I caught just the end of the sunset as I pulled into the drive way where my parents were just finishing up mowing the lawn (good timing on my part).


Maddog stayed with his friends Layla and Sydney.

The party had a German beer fest theme, so there was a variety of German beer tent songs like the Chicken dance, Hey Baby and In München steht ein Hofbräuhaus. There was also some home brew and wine, German pretzels, mini sausages, and black forest cake in the shape of a beer mug (first pic). It was a great time!


We saw the usual slew of deer walking around neighborhood and although it was cloudy we did catch a small glimpse of the super moon. Thanks to my parents for having me over, and thanks to Karen for watching Maddog and carting me back and forth to the airport. I'm still working on the brown rice vs white rice post. I'll be done soon. Agave will be next. For now, don't touch the agave stuff unless you're popping vitamin C pills along with it. Your poor liver...

No comments: