Pages

3/19/12

Running, riding, and green


Friday included some riding. I got passed and left in the dust by a 45+ yr old guy. I started out feeling strong, and then that happened... but it was good ride. Nice weather, good trails, and legs felt good. Had dinner at an Indian restaurant, which was a steal on a LivingSocial deal, and was really quite good and finished the evening very nicely.



Of course I played disc golf, but I did try out a new course. There's a relatively new course on the University of Richmond campus that I hadn't played yet, so Maddog and I went to check it out. The holes are considerably shorter and most of the course is in the woods, so it's a different style than Bryan parks long, open holes, but it was fun to try a different course. There was plenty of water in the pond and streams so the dog was happy and dirty, which meant he got a bath afterward.



Saturday of course was St. Patrick's day. Lots of expectations for people to wear green and get drunk. I went to a friends house to see the progress on the house renovations and let the dogs play around for a bit.  Saw the movie titled "Jeff, Who Lives at Home" which I hadn't heard of, but without TV, I don't see many trailers. It was actually really good. I enjoyed it. Lots of really funny parts, and quick comments. Some drama as well, since it wasn't strictly a comedy. Good all around. 



With the weather the way it is (scary nice) it felt like a good day for some spring cleaning on Sunday. I reorganized my "gear closet" and have set aside some stuff to be donated or trashed. Went for another run, and my calves are absurdly sore. With softball season coming up, I went to the batting cages again with a friend and then got in some throwing and a little fielding practice. Fought off the Sunday evening doldrums letting Madison play with a couple more dog friends, sitting out on the deck, practicing handstands and watching a little Bela Fleck and friends. 

No comments: