Pages

1/14/13

Chilly ride and beers

If the weatherman could be fired for being wrong... we'd never have a weatherman. With promises of sunny skies with temps in the mid-60's to 70's we were all psyched for a pretty weekend. We made the best of it anyway. We did a ~22 mile ride on Saturday afternoon, continually hoping that the sun would finally break through the clouds. We were all quite chilled when we finished. We did find a bunch of old "classic" records on the side of the road that I'll try out on my Fisher. Journey, John Mellencamp, Twisted Sister, ZZ Top and a "hits" album of various artist. Hopefully they aren't too scratched up. Here's the beautiful gray sky and damp road we road on. And then a lone cow just standing around chewing on her cud.

Kaz and Jen

Cow




After a big dinner, we met up at Hardywood Brewery with some more friends. We had high hopes, and while we're glad we went, none of the current beers were that great in my opinion. To each their own. It was a good time hanging out.


I finally saw the newest Batman movie. The Dark Knight Rises. I'm pretty easy to please with those types of movies, and I was not disappointed. I thought it was fantastic! So fun, and not the ending I was expecting. We started watching Lincoln this weekend too, but couldn't finish it, only because of time constraints. It's a long one, and sleep is important. Sunday night was dinner at Kaz's mom's house. We introduced her to a delicata squash. Filled with peppers, onions, tomatos and feta cheese, it was delicious, and we had a plesant evening.

School will swing into full motion this week, making my schedule a bit different. Working 5 days a week again will be an adjustment, but well worth it. Have a good week everyone!


No comments: