Pages

11/5/12

November chill

The cool air is here to stay. It's been low 40's in the morning and mid 60's in the afternoon. I don't think it gets much better than that. Last week we were all hunkering down for the Super Storm Sandy, but we luckily got away with not much more than some rain and wind. It came and went and we got lucky, unlike a lot of folks farther north.

Tuesday night I studied for my Wed. test, as well as carved a howling wolf pumpkin while watching a quirky movie called "Everything is Illuminated." It's about a young man who goes on a trip to find out about his grandparents and his past. Wed. was Halloween! We went out to dinner for a friends birthday and had a great time catching up after my test in counseling class. Thursday I studied for a test in BioChem, and after the test of Friday I got a few volunteer hours. Dinner and a movie with Kaz on Friday night was great! We watched 180 South, which is about a few friends, taking almost 6 months to get down to Patagonia to climb a mountain. The scenery in the movie was just breathtaking, and the idyllic life of no responsibilities was fun. Climbing, surfing and exploring.

There was some shenanigans at work on Thursday for our "Fall Festival" aka Halloween party. Pumpking carving contests, lots of sugary foods and silly pictures. 



Riding on Saturday was awesome! Just over 60 degrees with a decent breeze made me keep my arm warmers on the whole time. No personal bests this time, but it felt good, even though my lungs weren't accustomed to the cooler, drier air.  Sunday was like spring cleaning. Nice weather. Lots to clean. Getting rid of the clutter that had been piling up the last few weeks, or months... Fixed my cars loose lighter socket which had been bugging me for way too long. Cooked a butternut squash soup, which is amazing! I realize I should've taken some pictures along the way to share. Next time. And yes, there will be a next time.

Check out the links and hit the like button on my Facebook! My new site should be up by next week!


No comments: