Pages

4/10/12

A running start


April gets off to a good start! Bouldering on Friday on the Blue Ridge parkway. Of which I don't have any pictures since I forgot my camera in someones backpack, D'oh! And didn't have my computer to get anybody else's pictures. So those will be forthcoming. Here's a few pictures from bouldering (Thanks Chad!):



Blue ridge pkwy

My car with roof rack in use


If you can't get enough of my pictures, look here. After bouldering we drove down to Lynchburg to Liz's house for some grilling and a bon fire! Stayed up pretty late watching the fire die and the full moon rise with good wine and friends.


Bon fire! Marley, Liz and Chad

Me with mason jar as wine glass
bon fire embers and full moon

Saturday we went for a hike. Little windy at the peak, but nice weather and a good 'rest' day after bouldering. Although we did climb one boulder along the way. Saw some trillium flowers, some crab apple trees almost flowering, and trees flaking away. All the pictures in this post were taken with my iPhone, hence the lower quality. :-( I should get my point and shoot back soon. I got my camera back now! Wohoo! Just in time for next weekend too.




Trillium
Crab apple
flaking bark (haven't found the tree type yet)

Sat. night Liz and I went to dinner and then to Jimmy on the James for a drink and music. Sunday I drove home on the "back roads" of Rt 60 for a scenic drive home. Then Karen and I grilled out and had dinner on the deck as it was another gorgeous evening. Fish, veggies, acorn squash and eggplant! I've never liked eggplant before, but grilled, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and I was converted. It was excellent. Monday I took the optional day off and went for a ride. Then took Maddog to the park for a couple hours and met with Lamar, Kathy and son for dinner.




No comments: