Pages

8/8/11

night life

This weekend was pretty fun filled. Of course Maddog and I played disc golf friday morning. No surprise there. Didn't score quite as well as last week, but that's okay. Friday night I went with a few people to a place called gallery5 which used to be an old firestation, turned night life hang out. They had a few local bands play, beer tasting, which I did not partake in, and a good crowd of people you had to shuffle through to get anywhere.

We then headed to a restaurant called CousCous which has music and dancing after 10 or so. On our way to CousCous, we were overwhelmed by a giant mob of mostly highschool or early college age kids. When I say giant mob, I mean there must've been a couple thousand people on the sidewalks and streets. We had no idea what was going on, but there were cops everywhere, in cars, on bikes, and on horses. It really was utter chaos. It was ripe for bad things to happen, so we got off that street and headed a different way. After scanning the online Richmond paper today, I guess there were some fights going on, or about to happen, so I'm glad we got out of there.

There was a German exchange student at CousCous that I ended up talking to, which only fueled the memories of highschool that were coming back to me as the dancing and music went on. It was still going strong when we left a little before 2am. I got up far too early following a late night and went bike riding with Carter and 3 other guys. Unfortunately, this ride was also quite long since the 3 other guys liked to stop and rest and chit-chat for 10 minutes every mile or so. Then Carter busted his back wheel so we had to walk the last mile back to the car.

On Sunday, there was a "watermelon" festival I was taken to. It was really hot out so we didn't stay long, but it was your standard fair of clothing vendors and food. To wrap up the night, I played a card game called Spades with some of my neighbors while our dogs wrestled around. All in all, it was a good weekend. I'll try and ride the trails one more time this week and ride to work, so I'll be ready to hit NM well prepared. Can't wait for vacation!

No comments: