Pages

6/2/11

Memorial Day weekend

This past weekend was Memorial Day weekend, as you might have heard. A time for long weekend vacations and car trips. I had a couple options and I chose neither of them. I could've gone to the New River Gorge in WV for some awesome climbing, or I could've gone down to my aunt and uncles new beach house with my cousin in Rodanthe, NC. Instead I stayed home and packed.

I did get out for a ride and finally figured out how to get my phone to track my ride, which I've attached there as a picture.  Maddog and I played some disc golf and I went to the pool a couple times for some vitamin D, but for the most part I hung out and got stuff ready to move.

I got the keys to my new place today. I really had forgotten the floor was all tile minus the bedrooms. Real tile, not vinyl or linoleum, so I think Maddog will like their cool-to-lay-on feature. Tomorrow I'll put most of the rest of my stuff in boxes so when my moving help arrives, they won't be too worried about all the work that still needs to be done.

This weekend in Richmond, there's several food festivals so I think that'll be a good thing to check out once we're done moving stuff in. I just hope it's more likely a late lunch than a dinner time event. The weather should be nice, and not as oppressively hot like the last few days. Wish us luck and a speedy move. I'll be downtown close to some interesting things, so you should come visit.

No comments: