Pages

1/20/14

Happy 2014!

It's mid January now. Hope your year is starting off well. We've been busy getting the garden ready for early spring. We had dirt delivered after I made a couple raised beds. Each bed is 8 feet long, 4 feet wide, and 16 inches deep.

When I built it, I didn't think 16 inches was all that deep. After filling them with dirt, all I could think was "that's a lot of dirt!" so I think it worked out well. I put chicken wire on the bottom of the raised beds to keep moles out. We put ground cover around the edges of the beds to keep the grass and weeds from creeping into the beds. We have PVC piping on the inside of the beds to allow longer, thinner PVC pipes to bend over the bed which will hold up some clear plastic sheets to make a greenhouse effect for the beds.

We built a fire pit and added a rain collection barrel we got for Christmas. We've been busy with work, school and hobbies and fun projects. Here are a few pictures.









No comments: