Pages

6/13/12

Bikes, cookout, schooling

Friday afternoon I went for a mtn bike ride on the usual, yet still amazing Buttermilk/Northbank loop trails, with the Forest Hill loop mostly included. Dinner with Kaz after, and then we tried to watch a movie but I mistakenly brought the wrong disc and so we watched some old SNL best of Will Ferrell.

I did a bit of school work stuff on Saturday. Reading, studying, quiz taking. Laundry and some clean up and prep for a cookout gathering. My deviled eggs were the best yet, and along with the largest salmon you've ever seen, and a bunch of other goodies including Farmers market quash and veggies, and a giant salad, we had a feast. Dessert was some fried plantains with chocolate (amazing!). Everything was excellent. Thanks to Kaz for hosting and everyone for bringing great food!

Sunday was nice and slow getting started, but then Kaz and I headed out to Hanover to go for a road ride. I borrowed a road bike from my boss, and we headed out for a 22 mile ride. We figured we see how we were feeling and if we were feeling really good, we'd opt for the 32 mile loop at the decision point. Well, there were some arrows on the street for biking directing us in a different direction than the map originally said, and we decided to follow the arrows. That was probably our first mistake. Then there were others, and then we were really tired and just ready to be done riding. That was around 35 miles. And we had 8 more to go to get back to the car. The weather was hot, but low humidity so it could've been worse, but we collectively put away 8+ liters of liquid and still weren't peeing. Dehydrated anyone? It's Wednesday and my legs are still fatigued. We did get to see a foal and its dam and ride through some picturesque countryside. I'd do it again, but a bit fewer miles would be preferred.

I'm almost done with class number 1. The diet analysis project is due today, and my final is tomorrow. And then class number 2 starts Monday. I'm also going to start volunteering at Appomattox Health and Wellness center doing some diabetes nutrition counseling to gain some experience and log some volunteer hours for school. I'm looking forward to it. Along with softball tonight, my schedule feels full, but full of good stuff!




Kaz!

foal
Here's the much less intense mountain bike ride on Friday afternoon with Carter. The new skills park on Belle Isle is pretty cool too! We timed it perfectly (unknowingly) and ran into Kaz on Belle isle who was out with the mutts on a run. Awesome!

No comments: