Pages

2/24/12

Rip Rap hike

It's Friday! It was supposed to be pretty windy today with a chance of rain in the afternoon, so I decided instead of disc golfing like every other Friday I'm in town, I'd go for a hike. I went to Shenandoah National Park (SNP) for a short outing. The full hike is a little under 10 miles, with a lunch spot around 2 miles in. It was warm and mostly sunny for the hike in, and I spent most of the time just taking in the solitude. 

I took about 90 picutres of the clouds moving from a stationary spot while I ate lunch. After watching the most amazing video on Yosemite, I thought I'd just see what I could do with my little point and shoot camera. I set it up to take a picture every 30 seconds, and take 10 pictures in a row. I discovered that the timer in the camera must be a little wonky, because sometimes it would wait 30 seconds and other times it would take another picture about 6 seconds later. So the video turned out kind of choppy for that reason, plus the fact I was eating lunch and reading at the same time, so I would forget to push the button again after the 10 was done. A bigger more advanced camera would've been pretty sweet at the time, but this turned out better than I thought it would honestly. It's only 6 seconds so I didn't bother sticking a song in there, but here you go. 


The clouds did come in pretty heavy and it started to rain, so I decided not to do whole whole loop. I went back the way I came and was out pretty quick. I brought my rain jacket knowing it might come in handy. Luckily we got out before the worst of it. A little wet, but warm, and no harm done. I love this jacket because I can use it to cover my backpack at the same time, poncho style. 






The rain was off and on driving out of the park, so I stopped for another quick pic. Another good Friday!



No comments: