Pages

10/25/11

Weekends

This past weekend my old friend Lamar from highschool came over from Kentucky for the day. We drove around town just to see a little bit of Richmond from the car. Then we went to my place. We went out Friday night and did some bar hopping, hitting about 6 different spots.

The highlight of the night probably being when we pranked one of the bartenters. There was a 52 year old white man sitting next to us, who suggested we use his ID for Lamar. When the bartender saw it, he was obviously confused and when he looked at me, Lamar jokingly got mad at him, then we quickly gave him the real ID and we all had a good laugh. Especially when he cursed the other guy.

 Lamar is a really good wing man, and if I'd been on my game, it would've been more fun, but I was not. And even though I really didn't know what places were good or where to go, we found plenty of stuff very easily, which gives credit to Richmond city and it's ease and quality.

He had a 6am flight, so we didn't stay out all too late. And I had planned on meeting a friend to go riding early in the morning Saturday, but wasn't up for it first thing after going out the night before. I did manage to get myself out riding later in the day. The weekend was finished off by going down to Norfolk to see my Grandma who was visiting my aunt and uncle. Another gorgeous weekend weather wise.


This next weekend might be a rude winter slap in the face. I'm headed to Vernon, NJ with Scott where right now they are predicting a high of 41 on Saturday with chance of rain. I'd rather it be a little colder and snow so it's not so soaking. Then Sunday should be a balmy 49. We'll stay at Liz's place Sat. which I'm looking forward to. It'll be nice catching up with her.

No comments: